Friday, April 9, 2010

Where oh where

shall I begin….

 

So, since I’m so far behind, I figured the best way (for me anyhow) to get you all caught back up is to go thru my photos that I’ve taken the past few weeks.

 

So!

 

Here is a shot looking down Hawthorne at dusk:

jkp_0292

I took this while walking up Hawthorne to somewhere I don’t remember :P

 

And here is a pic of Laurelhurst Theatre:

jkp_0296

 

And I dragged my friend Alex down to cartopia for Whiffies one afternoon!  It was delicious as always!

 

jkp_0299

My pie w/Alex noming his in the background.  Seriously if you haven’t made it over to Whiffies yet, you need to get your ass down there.  And then get some poutine from  Potato Champion…. mmmmm poutine… ty Canada!!!

 

Later that night I walked home and took some amaaaazing photos of a magnolia tree that I stumbled across.

 

jkp_0362

jkp_0366

jkp_0374

jkp_0367

The last one seems to be everyones favorite, and mine too.  I printed that one out for my boss and framed it, then gave it to her for a birthday present!  She looooved it, and I’m glad she did. :)  I also submitted that final photo for a little contest that Rainy Daisy was having.  She got some beautiful photos to choose from! And congratulations to the winner, you got some lovely yarn!

 

As far as knitting goes.. I made an AWESOME lacey beret out of the Mirosol Nuna that we got in.

 

jkp_0379 

jkp_0381

 

It was suuuper easy to make and the lace pattern was only a 4 row repeat so i memorized it and just went to town. It didnt take more than 3 days to make and the bamboo, silk, and merino wool blend is delicious to work with.  My friend Elsa loved the hat so much that she asked me to make her one out of the Queensland Sugar Rush (which is made out of sugar cane viscose!).

 

Ok! more updates soon!

3 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm.... Whiffies... and <3 Jo PhotoDiary. I like your life story through photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww ty :D its the best way i know how to tell it..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very neat! I like the pictures and hat! Keep the posts comin' ;)

    ReplyDelete

 
Knitting Bloggers
Powered By Ringsurf