Sunday, April 18, 2010

K2tog..

So, in the past almost two months, I’ve been a knitting machine.  Its ridiculous really.  In Feb. I finished my February Lady Sweater, in March I finished Aeolian Shawl (which I call areola shawl :P) and it’s now on display in the store!

 

After tackling that monstrosity of a shawl, I got some of the Mirosol Nuna to knit with.  It’s an awesome blend of wool, bamboo, and silk. I knit up gwen slouch hat with it and it turned out amazing, and it’s also on display in the store.

Then I made the Ripley from Whimsical Little Knits 2.  I made it for a woman who was recently diagnosed with cancer, and another woman I work with made Caroline for the same woman.  We hope that these gifts brighten up her days!  After finishing that hat I finally decided I needed to finish that damn Multnomah. I don't know why, but this shawl drove me insane.  It was a really simple pattern, and I know 4 or so other knitters that had issues with it as well.  I’m so glad it’s finally done and I don't have to work on it anymore.  I really like the end product though, but here is a photo when it was being blocked.

Elsa then asked me to make her another Gwen Slouch, but out of the Sugar Rush instead of the Nuna.  It turned out cute as hell, and she loves it!And in return she made me an awesome purse that I adore!  I also finally made my coffee cozy that I’ve been wanting to do for a couple years.  It’s amazing what being hungover and wanting a mindless knit will do to you.  

And now on my needles I have my very first pair of socks!!  Clandestine in Malabrigo sock of course.  I loooove the way they’re turning out and the lace is awesome.  I’ve learned a few new knitting tricks with this pattern, but I think that since this is my first sock attempt that I cant get myself to move forward and get to the heel.  Must.. find… motivation!

 

I’m also working on Coachella but I’m using a mercerized cotton and went down a couple needle sizes to make it a little more fitted.

Front:   

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Back:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

So this should be done with in a week.. its just stockinette till I think its long enough then it’s done too!

 

Back to clickin!!

 

<3<3

1 comment:

 
Knitting Bloggers
Powered By Ringsurf