Friday, March 12, 2010

Ohh my beautiful…

Busy busy busy!!!

 

Ok so! Last Tuesday my oh so fabulous knit group threw me a little welcome back party!! They were prepared with giant cupcakes, soda, wine, and gifts!!

yb_0067yb_0068

yb_0066

 

And Elsa got me the most amazing book ever written!!!

I cannot wait to start cookin out of this thing!! I was reading thru some of the recipes and drooling.  It will be magnificent!!

  

 

Over the weekend I started work, which was aweeeesome btw.  And starting a new job during a reaaaaaaaally busy weekend is quite the feat.  The Portland Yarn Crawl was this weekend and since my favorite knitters and I had Friday open, we hit up the LYS’s before the masses did over the weekend.  We made it to Close Knit, Gossamer, Knit/Purl, Dublin Bay, Twisted, and of course back to Happy Knits.

yb_0074

yb_0099

The day was fun! Evan got some undyed yarn from Gossamer so he could dye it himself (which turned out pretty damn awesome), Anne got some gifts for a friend and something for herself, and we all got some free patterns from Twisted since we were a few of the first in the shop!

 

On Saturday, Anne and I had a podcast interview with Knithappensshow.com.  It was super fun and we got to talk about our yarn bombing, and hopefully got some people in the Portland area who listen to the show to come join us!  You can listen to it here.

 

Annnd then I think it was Monday, Anne and I decided to go to the Portland Building to add some crochet chains to an art exhibit.  Its called the Mother Tree Project and you can get more info here.  Anne brought her friend Annie, who learned to crochet on the spot for the project!  We used nettles as one fiber, and that was an experience lemme tell you. 

Here’s a couple pics:

yb_0143

yb_0144

 

 

Ok now that you’re all up to date, its time for more packing then bed!

 

<3<3

5 comments:

  1. Sooooo I dunno what the Yarn Crawl is, and you didn't have a link to explain it. I am unsatisfied.

    Glad you're liking work, and soaking up your famousnesseriety in a spongey manner :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.portlandyarncrawl.com/

    fixt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your knitting group looks so fun. :( I am jealous :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. FUN! Didn't know there was a yarn crawl recently, but I am so in love with Happy Yarn. I plan on going there often :)

    Cheers!
    Daisy

    ReplyDelete

 
Knitting Bloggers
Powered By Ringsurf